DevOps is a mindset, a culture, and a set of techniques that product teams embrace to reduce the software development life cycle, improve collaboration and visibility. It accelerates time to market for new updates while also ensuring the top-notch quality of releases.
DevOps involves the combination of software development (Dev) and IT Operations (Ops) personnel into cross-functional teams capable of building, running, and monitoring their product releases. Teams rely on impactful DevOps collaboration tools to aid in the planning, coding, testing, releasing, and monitoring of updates.
This blog highlights the best DevOps collaboration technologies product teams use to streamline, automate, and increase productivity.
An overview of DevOps collaboration tools
DevOps software technologies facilitate sharing and exchanging of data and technical information among all stakeholders, including security, development, business, and operation teams, to build an efficient product.
There is an abundance of DevOps automation tools. Stakeholders often have trouble choosing the best solution due to many options.
Who uses DevOps?
DevOps is used by major corporations and startups alike. Some organizations using DevOps collaborative tools include:
- Web-native platforms like Amazon, Facebook, and Netflix
- Barclays Bank
- Sony Pictures
- USG manufactures building materials.
- Small and medium-sized businesses
DevOps collaboration tools are excellent for professionals like
- Developers and programmers who don't deal with paperwork, approvals, or server provisioning. So, developers can quickly create unique workspaces and tools.
- Operational staff who can work with developers to improve software deployments.
- DevOps supports product, marketing, and business managers with faster customer feedback, improved system responsiveness, and reduced risks and waste.
- Executives aren't expected to participate in every interdepartmental matter, allowing them to focus on business expansion.
Here's our list:
Developers love this ChatOps tool because of its customizability and privacy safeguards that make it among the best comprehensive DevOps collaboration tools. It is open-source, so development teams can customize it any way they see fit.
Also, via Rocket.Chat’s Matrix federation, developers can easily collaborate with external partners. Other security features make it a favorite for highly-regulated businesses in education, government & defense, technology, finance, and healthcare.
- Rocket.Chat ensures data privacy with end-to-end encryption and ISO 27001 certification.
- Enterprise Edition delivers further support, scalability, and security. It improves teamwork and administration.
- Open-source Rocket.Chat is flexible and trustworthy. The collective contribution of more than 1000 developers increases code availability and openness.
Docker is used by 11 million developers globally. Docker, Inc. published the solution in 2013 by Solomon Hykes. It allows developers to construct Docker images for testing and deployments.
- Docker packages apps using OS-level virtualization. It isolates containers and bundles software, configuration files, and libraries, making them portable and safe.
- It supports GCP and AWS and cloud migration.
- Containers simplify distributed development.
- The tool enables new features and fixes.
- Docker supports Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- It works with CircleCI, GitHub, and others.
- Netflix, Adobe, AT&T, and PayPal use Docker.
This free and open-source server automates software development activities, including building, deploying, testing, and CI/CD.
This DevOps collaboration tool simplifies monitoring repeated tasks, integrating changes, and spotting issues.
- Jenkins has over 100 plugins to interface with CI/CD tools like Git, Amazon EC2, Maven, and so on.
- Java software runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Unix.
- Its plugins provide many extra features
- Java-based DevOps tools may be distributed over numerous machines to speed up builds, testing, and deployments
- AWS support
This tool Automates the application lifecycle and the IT processes easily. Ansible helps DevOps teams expand automation, handle complex deployments, and boost productivity.
- Hybrid cloud automation with support modules
- Automate security
- Easily deploy and manage configuration files
- Simplify IT automation to free up teams for strategic work
It is one of the most prominent DevOps collaboration tools. Hosting and Git version control are offered. 2008's Ruby, C, Go, and ECMAScript launch. 3M+ businesses and 56M+ people use it. GitHub offers Git's version control and source code management. Many open-source projects prefer its free basic services.
- Controls access better
- Bug tracking, CI, feature requests, wikis
- Public and private repositories unlimited
- Sharing GitHub and npm
- Its mobile app blends codes, browser repositories, and notifications
- Windows, macOS, and Linux support GitHub CLI and desktop
SonarQube is an open-source code quality assurance tool that analyses source code to report project code quality. It combines static and dynamic analysis and continuously measures quality. SonarQube also checks style and design.
- SonarQube doesn't just reveal what's wrong; it helps solve it
- It displays coding principles, test coverage, de-duplications, API documentation, and code complexity
- Gives present, past, and projected code quality trends.
- Provides decision-making analytics
Nomad is a scheduler and workload orchestrator that lets businesses deploy and manage containerized and older apps with a single, unified workflow. It uses infrastructure-as-code to deploy apps.
- Containers and legacy apps
- Device plugins
- GPU support
- Federation for multi-region scalability
Monit is a "server watchdog with tools" that monitors processes, programs, files, directories, and filesystems. It monitors and recovers from system faults.
- Small open-source Unix management program
- Auto-maintain and repair
- Real-time web debugging requires time travel
- Cypress networks
- API testing
- Advanced component testing
- Cypress Studio beta for audio recording and playback
- Mocking and stumbling
- A set of plugins to improve test automation coverage, including AXE, Istanbul, and visual testing
This tool is built on Apache Lucene. Java-based, it stores, finds, and analyses big data in real-time. Many document formats can be indexed and searched.
- High-availability clustering
- Replication cross-cluster
- Datacenter cross-replication
HashiCorp's Packer creates machine images for AWS, GCP, Azure, and VMWare. It packs software, packages, and configurations when building machine images. It may be the only effective DevOps tool focusing entirely on producing machine images and automating the process.
- Packer automates image creation. It encourages using Chef or Puppet to install and configure software in Packer-made images.
- Packer modernizes pre-baked images, unleashing new possibilities and opportunities.
Dashboards are easy to construct with Grafana, one of the best tools for effective DevOps. As organizations grow, dashboard sprawl can become bit harder to manage. Dashboard output increases with user count.
- After the logging and monitoring data were brought together, the DevOps team used Grafana’s organization's functionality to provide each internal team with its own isolated monitoring experience within Adform’s Grafana instance.
- With Grafana’s streamlined, cost-effective approach, users can now view all other organizations’ data while maintaining admin access over their own.
- Grafana’s built-in support for Prometheus Alertmanager, Adform’s central monitoring system, allows anyone across the company to see and access any alert.
What does your DevOps team need?
If you prioritize customer privacy, scalability, and flexibility, Rocket.Chat is a good choice. Due to its open-source nature, it can be connected with other collaboration tools for software development teams.
Let your developers' team make the final call while you discover why software developers across the globe love Rocket.Chat.
Frequently asked questions about <anything>
- Digital sovereignty
- Federation capabilities
- Scalable and white-labeled
- Highly scalable and secure
- Full patient conversation history
- Digital sovereignty
- Trusted by National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the US Army, the US Navy, and the US Air Force
- Matrix federation capabilities
- Open source code
- Highly secure and scalable
- Unmatched flexibility
- End-to-end encryption
- Cloud or on-prem deployment
- Supports compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, FINRA, and more
- Supports compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, FINRA, and more
- Highly secure and flexible
- On-prem or cloud deployment